AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Employment Law
- Class Action Consumer and Insurance Fraud
- Business and Corporate Law
- General Civil Litigation
Helaina L. Chinn is an attorney at Zeldes Haeggquist & Eck, dedicated to representing employees and consumers in a broad range of civil litigation matters.
Ms. Chinn earned her Juris Doctor with a Business and Corporate Law Concentration from the University of San Diego School of Law, where she was an active member of the San Diego Law Review, a teaching assistant for Lawyering Skills I (a legal research and writing course), and a student member in the J. Clifford Wallace Chapter of the American Inns of Court.
Prior to joining Zeldes Haeggquist & Eck, LLP, Ms. Chinn served, and currently serves, as a Volunteer Attorney at San Diego Volunteer Lawyer Program, assisting clients with estate planning, debt relief, and Social Security-related matters. Additionally, she interned with the Office of the Attorney General, Jones Day, and Rady Children’s Hospital, where she worked on a wide variety of issues pertaining to civil rights, products liability, franchisor liability, bankruptcy law, patent disputes, asylum law, healthcare regulations, and anti-bribery laws, among others.
Ms. Chinn is a member of the State Bar of California. She is admitted to practice before all California state courts.
Outside of the office and courtroom, Ms. Chinn passionately serves her community by volunteering at education and outreach events. As a former musical theater performer and a cappella singer, she is also an avid supporter of the arts, and enjoys attending the symphony, musical theater shows, and other live performances.
- University of San Diego School of Law, San Diego, California
- Juris Doctor with Business and Corporate Law Concentration, 2013
- San Diego Law Review, Member
- High Pass, Lawyering Skills I (legal research and writing), Fall 2010 & Spring 2011
- “Outstanding Oral Argument” Award, Lawyering Skills I, Spring 2011
- Entering Renewable Merit Scholarship, 2010–2013
- Teaching Assistant for Lawyering Skills I (legal research and writing), Fall 2011 & Spring 2012
- San Diego County Bar Association Diversity Fellowship Program, Diversity Fellow, Summer 2011
- J. Clifford Wallace Inn of Court, Student Member, August 2011–June 2012
- University of California, Los Angeles, California
- Bachelor of Science in Anthropology, 2008
- Dean’s Honors List, 2007–2008
- UCLA Alumni Scholarship Recipient, 2004–2008
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- San Diego County Bar Association, Member, June 2014–Present
- Consumer Attorneys of San Diego, Member, November 2014–Present
- Lawyers Club of San Diego, Member, August 2014–Present
- American Bar Association, Member, June 2014–Present
- Volunteer Attorney, San Diego Volunteer Lawyer Program, July 2014–Present
- AIDS Walk and Run San Diego, September 2014
- Coming Together to Combat Hunger (CASD outreach event), November 2014
- The American Cancer Society Relay for Life, August 2011